Timetable



My timetable

After having my first week of lessons, it’s time to give you some more information about them. At the picture you can see my timetable for this semester (yes. It’s purple too). It doesn’t change anymore. As you can see I only have one or two hours of lessons a day (except at Friday, then I have 4), so that’s very good :). But after this week I realised how I have to spend my spare time between and after the school hours…


So, Monday I had Ethics in Marketing, which is about (like the name says) ethical issues you’ll have to deal with when you’re a marketer or when you’re involved in marketing activities. I’m already assigned to do a debate about relationship marketing (“relationship marketing uses the language of friendship and affection, but the relationships referred to are essentially exploitative” – try to find arguments which agree with it and which don’t agree with it). In the seminar of EIM are only English people, so I have to do this debate with two other English girls, who unfortunately aren’t very social. Hopefully that will change.

Tuesday I had a seminar of Marketing Communications Strategy. It was only an introduction about the 5 tools of MC, the 6 classes of media and the 2 key types of message. Later on we will learn more about how MC works, how to manage it, explore the tools and the media and learn to understand the different audiences. I haven’t got an assignment for this course (yet), I only have to read a case study every week, which we will discuss in the seminars.

Wednesday I had two lectures. It was a bit new for me because at the KHLeuven where I normally study they only have lessons that are similar to seminars.

Thursday I had the seminar of Project Management. For this course we have to set up a project, like I explained in an earlier message. I was first in a group with two English boys, but they didn’t show up the next lesson so I’m in a new group now with three other English people. Again no Erasmus students in my class (which I find very weird). I’m glad I’m in that group now because they seem pretty social and had some great ideas. I hope it will be fun because I find it very interesting.

Friday, last day of school of the week! I had my last two seminars of the week, finally with other Erasmus students, marketing strategy and services marketing. Marketing strategy is my least interesting course, but also my most important course (unfortunately). For this course each class has to write a Strategic Marketing Report (of no more than 2,500 words) about a certain sector. My class has to do it about the financial sector (-_-). I have to write about AVIVA, apparently some English bank. For this I have to follow a structure of 10 parts and try to apply the things I learned in the lectures. I don’t think it’s going to be easy… Services Marketing on the other hand seems quite alright. I've already had an introduction of it last year, so I know a bit what it’s about. But again I’ve been giving an assessment task. I need to choose one of the services marketing topics, select a service organisation (I’m also allowed to choose one from Belgium but I need to find English academic literature reviews about it), do research about it and prepare a report. So a lot of work :s plus I’ve also a little task every week to prepare for each seminar.

Conclusion: not many courses, not many hours of lessons, but A LOT of work!