The Big Pink


The Big Pink @ Little Johnny Russells

Thursday night I hoped to see The Big Pink, an electro-rock duo from London, because they were giving an aftershow party at Little Johnny Russells. Turned out they were first playing at the Wedgewood Rooms and came afterwards to LJR for a DJ set with their songs. Too bad cause we waited a couple of hours hoping they would play there, but eventually had to leave because we also wanted to go to Route 66 and Route 66 closes (like apparently everything here) at 2 am. Again I enjoyed the music at 66 very much! We danced all night to music from the Libertines (Can’t Stand Me Now), The Smiths (This Charming Man), The Clash (London Calling!!!), Paramore (Business Of Misery), MGMT (Kids) and so on. At the end we even danced together with the English (drunk) people, it was a lot of fun. Except when some English boy wouldn’t stop reaching his hands out for me because he wanted me to dance with him. But when he came too close the French boys helped me get rid of him. French guys are gentlemen too ;) I forgot to mention that when I said that Englishmen are gentlemen. I can’t actually generalize that English and French people are gentlemen, but I must say that I can’t complain about the people I’ve met here so far. I feel like a lady :)