Commercial Road



Cascades Shopping Centre

Because I had a lot of spare time after my lessons, I decided to do some more ‘research’ about Commercial Road. Tuesday I only had time for Top Shop, today I went to a lot more. I first bought new boots at Priceless shoes for only £20! It’s a store full of different shoes at pretty low prices. After that I went to New Look and discovered that students get 20% discount until the 18th of October, so I took advantage of it :). They have really friendly sales people. Actually everyone here is very polite, except at night when they’re drunk (or during the day when they’re drunk, some people start drinking at noon or even in the morning! Can’t be healthy).


After the New Look I bumped into an enclosed shopping center, called Cascades. Here you rather find high street retailers with stores like The Body Shop, Essential, Warehouse (where I bought a stylish green dress), Next, Marks & Spencer… and even a Starbucks! So definitely worth checking out ;)
My last stop was at HMV. I finally found a music store! And even more. They also have a lot of dvds, games, (music) books, hoodies, shirts, calendars and so on. All at low prices and with discounts! The different kind of artists you could find there was so overwhelming that I immediately bought 6 cds to add to my collection. For only £35!

I think my mother was right when she said I need a new suitcase to come back home…

The only shop I didn’t find but hoped to, was Urban Outfitters. But for my course Project Management (principles and techniques) I need to start up a project and I can choose between a real life, a made up or a futuristic one. When I choose a real live project I can try to convince a shop to settle down in Portsmouth, like students did before with the Halal meat shop. It really opened in Portsmouth as the result of a project. So hopefully I can try that too. It depends on my group mates if they like the idea, and they are all boys…

Project management is the first course here i really like. It will probably be hard work because you need to take care of a lot of things when you set up a project, but it's also interesting and hopefully even fun. At least the lecture was quite fascinating, especially because the lecturer reminded me of Christopher Walken. Which reminded me about Poolhall Junkies. I went to the pool & snooker society yesterday with Tom and i'm gonna try to pool every Tuesday to become as good as the players in that movie. Which of course is impossible, but it would be cool.